CARE & USE
PentalTek® is easy to clean and contains 100% natural ingredients with no chemical resins. It is heat, scratch and abrasion resistant, and unaffected by chemicals, acids, alkalis, and solvents. PentalTek® is also non-porous, meaning it’s hygienic with resistance to mold, mildew, and fungus, and is suitable for contact with food. While PentalTek® is very low-maintenance, we recommend taking the following steps to ensure your surface remains as beautiful as the day it was installed.
- Use soapy water and a damp cloth for daily cleaning and most spills. Clean up liquid spills quickly – the faster you clean and dry spills, the easier it is to remove any potential stains. It is not advisable to use waxes, oily soaps, impregnating agents or other treatments as some additives can leave behind an oily film. If the spill has dried, soak the stain with warm water and a mild detergent. Use a toothbrush to loosen dirt if needed, then wipe up with a clean damp cloth.
- Avoid cleaning with pads, rough sponges or steel wool. Also avoid cleaning the surfaces with abrasive cleansers. Never use a sponge that contains aluminum oxide, as this can dull the finish.
- Do not use products with a pH greater than 11. If you use bleach, rinse with plenty of water and never leave it in permanent contact a PentalTek® surface. Never use harsh chemical cleaners or those containing hydrofluoric acid, methylene chloride, or trichloroethylene, as these may damage the surface.
- Do not cut food directly on a PentalTek® surface – use a cutting board. Polished finishes may show scratches in the finish with extended use of sharp knives directly on the surface.
- Do not hit PentalTek® countertops with blunt or heavy objects. The edges in particular are sensitive to damage or chipping.
- For floor installations of PentalTek®, use a soft bristle broom or a vacuum without the brushes spinning. Mop floors using cleansers designed for tile flooring.
PentalTek® combines the strength and durability of a porcelain slab, with sophisticated design and a refined palette. By utilizing innovative technology, we’re able to expand the design potential for both interior and exterior spaces.
Along with the technical performance of a porcelain surface, PentalTek’s XL size allows for seamless installations from large kitchen islands, to long stretches of countertops, expanses of walls, and even flooring. Slab dimensions: 62 x 125 x ½ inches. For more information, visit PentalTek.com
- Easy to clean
- Scratch and abrasion resistant
- Impact resistant
- Indoor- and outdoor-friendly
- Heat and frost resistant
- Hygienic and non-porous
- Requires no sealing or protective surface treatment